Friday, December 2, 2011

SMUT - CDR - 2003

   SMUT consists of two friends who met and started playing music together years ago in middle school when living right outside of Flint,MI. Their live set was lightning fast. Like, if they said "Hey, we're playing at 7 pm", you better get there at 7 instead of 7:10, because it would be over by then. They eventually moved to Indiana and blast-beated the fuck out of some basements, parks, all ages spaces and hallways with their hyper-fast, insanely brief, super-low budget, manic, noisy thrash. I miss being able to see this band, because if I had other things to do, I could be in and out of a punk show in 10 minutes.
SMUT in Indiana. 2006. Photo by either Kelsi or Michael

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i only got the image files...would the songs extract into a different folder?

Harvester said...

weeeeird. I just downloaded it to check on it and it worked fine for me. It should all extract together. Try again?

johnnie said...

Hmm...i tried to download it again, checked the file after extracting, and the files were there. then I added it to my itunes and the files all disappeared...

i guess i gotta figure that one out on my own, thanks though!

Bug said...

Hey! My name`s bug. I`m writing a zine, and right now I`m just trying to research this rad punk band by the same name that I came across through bandcamp.
https://smutmiami.bandcamp.com/
I was wondering if this is the same band that your talking about here (downloads broken) and if so if you`d be down to share what you know about them!

Cheers!

PS: I love your blog, come here a lot thanks for the rad stories.

Harvester said...

Hey Bug,
Nope, sorry...different band. This SMUT was two dudes who lived in Indiana and they've been broken up for years now. I'll check out the other band though.

Jackson Ulstrom said...

Any chance you could re-up? I love this disc, but I lost it on my old hard drive