Friday, November 22, 2013

TRENCHES - Demo - Tape - 2013


   I have a problem of either showing up to parties too early when no one is there or too late when everyone is too drunk to form sentences. It's a rare occasion when I show up and the party is in full swing. Everyone is dancing. People are looking good. The party conversation is tight.
    I could apply this same line of thought to the Oakland hardcore scene. I was trying to see  REPLICA for ages, but I would always show up too late and walk in when they hit the last note of the last song. Same thing with PERMANENT RUIN and NO STATIK. When I finally saw all of these bands, they blew my little fucking mind (and still do). So, when I was rushing over to the East Bay on the train last week to go see TRENCHES, I wasn't too surprised to find that I had missed them by 5 minutes (I still got to see THE LIGHT though, so it's still a win). I bought a tape because I knew it would be good and I wasn't wrong.


    TRENCHES combines members of HUNTING PARTY, REPLICA, NO BABIES and more to bring you vicious, snarling, ragged Bay Area hardcore. Boo Boo, on vocals, explodes into every song. The band sounds tough, yet paranoid and on guard at all times...which is actually just what it's like to live in Oakland most of the time. In short, this shit rules and I can't wait until the day when I'm finally in the same room with them. Don't show up too late to the party.


Also, follow that link to buy your own tape. 5 songs in less than 5 minutes!


No comments: