Saturday, July 21, 2012

MRR RADIO #1303 - 7/1/12

   I forgot to mention this a few weeks ago when it happened, but here is a late link to the MRR radio show I did recently with Hal, Merm, Rob and Ron. This one was a special one...It was the 10 year anniversary of Maximum Rock n Roll Radio being on the internet and the 35 year anniversary of the radio show. 35 years! Someone told me that MRR was the first radio show to broadcast on the internet, thus giving birth to podcasts and internet radio, but I'm not sure if that is true. Thoughts, anyone?

6 comments:

Dk said...

I thought #1303 was an awesome 30/10 year commemoration. It was interesting to discover that as well like as Agnostic Front was/is to many punks out there, Tim Yo didn't care much for them.
I don't know if MRR's podcast was the 1st radio show to be on the net, since before then I wasn't aware/payed much attention to podcasts in general. I will say that it's the one of the best. Also, if anyone hasn't checked out any of the old radio tapes, luver has been making them available for quite some time. Highly recommended.

Harvester said...

Do you have a link to the old tapes?

Dk said...

I couldn't locate the luver.com website. It's usually there. The only link I have right now is through iTunes:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/maximum-rock-n-roll-podcast/id323992082

Dk said...

Just wanted to share that the MRR Podcast blog has started to upload shows to listen to online or to download. F.Y.I. if iTunes ain't your thing. Thanks, Greg.

Link:
http://mrnrpodcast.blogspot.com/

Harvester said...

Thank you!

ML said...

so psyched you played Fat Day!